The Solar System and Beyond. This full topic is a merge between the old 7L (Solar System and Beyond) and 9J (Satellites and Space) into the 2-year KS3 new scheme of work. The topic covers 7 one-hour lessons and an assessment lesson. As this is part of the new KS3 scheme of work there are NO LEVELS required or given.
The topic covers:
- Days and nights
- Seasons and years
- Phases of the moon
- Solar and lunar eclipses
- The planets
- Comets and asteroids.
- Gravity and orbits
- Satellites (natural and artificial)
- Space exploration (landers, rovers, orbiters etc.)
All learning objectives are on the PowerPoints and all activities that are mentioned are fully resourced and ready to go! Some lesson slides have animations on them that the pupils will LOVE and will help them to remember the key information. There are running themes throughout the topic (the NASA boss the pupils work for) to engage pupils with the activities and for them to take pride in their learning.
Some of the files are large because they are so complete and well resourced so please be patient. It's worth it!
- 6 PowerPoints (L1, L2, L3, L4 and L5, L6, L7)
- Card sort for lesson 1
- Moon phases worksheet for lesson 3
- Moon homework for lesson 3
- Planet fact cards and table for lessons 4 and 5
- An Excel spreadsheet containing the data for the temperatures of the planets
- Exploration methods fact sheet for lesson 7
- Assessment on the topic with mark scheme
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW! They can be improved for re-upload!