1. Why is George and Lennie’s dream so important to them?
Use any key terms you have learned, make it informative and remember to quote from the book………………………
2. Describe how different characters and incidents change the atmosphere in the bunkhouse
• George’s suspicions about the bunkhouse beds
• The ranch owner questioning George and Lennie’s late arrival
• The killing of Candy’s dog
• Curley’s attack on Lennie
3. Write 3 Tweets that could be from one of the characters about events in the book
No more than 140 characters (letters, symbols or spaces)) per tweet; use #’s for key words and they must be informative.…
4. Create a mood board about The American Dream
Use different sources such as the internet and books to find
• Pictures, quotes and facts
about this idea that led so many people to seek a better future…………………
5. Discuss the relationship of George and Lennie.
• Their travelling and working together
• How they relate to other characters in the novel
• Their dream
• Incidents that occur on the ranch involving them both
• Lennie’s death
6. Write about the importance of the different places in ‘Of Mice and Men’.
Remember to link the settings to the themes. Explain how they are important and what they represent…………………
7. Look at the various examples of discrimination in Of Mice and Men
• How does discrimination affect different characters?
• How do characters respond to discrimination?
• How does it affect their lives, and the outcome of the story?
8. How does Steinbeck portray friendship in Of Mice and Men?
• How does its presence or absence affect different characters, in their actions and in their relationships?
• What does it require of people?
• What does it offer them in return?
9. What is the importance of dreams in Of Mice and Men?
What role do they play in people’s lives? How do people use dreams, and how do various characters’ dreams affect them?
10. Many of the characters in Of Mice and Men seem lonely
Why are various characters lonely, and how does it affect them?
11. Think about different characters in Of Mice and Men, and the power that they have
• What different kinds of power do different characters have?
• Where does it come from?
• What do they do with it? How does it help them, or hurt them?
12. Create a poster advertising for workers for the ranch in Soledad.
Think about the layout and what details you would need to include. You must include information about what you expect from the workers as well as what will be provided for them…………………………..