This resource includes five activities which can be completed in or out of class time:
1. A comparison table for cell structure & function available in three variations for high ability, lower ability and mixed ability classes.
2. Blank diagrams of a typical animal, plant and prokaryotic cell for labeling and annotation. Includes suggested extension / extra credit activities.
3. A Venn type diagram, requiring pupils to identify the similarities and differences between four mechanisms of inter-cellular transport (simple diffusion, facilitated diffusion, osmosis and active transport)
4. A summary activity for inter-cellular transport including both a table and a cell diagram (to annotate). Includes simple diffusion, facilitated diffusion, active transport, osmosis and bulk transport.
5. A recap activity for the characteristics of life: Pupils are required to identify eight living processes in a family of rabbits.
The resource is aimed at A-level pupils but will also be suitable for GCSE Biology (separate sciences) and may be suitable for co-ordinated science depending on the syllabus.