1. Talk to the students about what they know from history in 1949-1989
2. Introduce Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire" & have them jot down any person, place, event
3. Then have a discussion and students will watch the video of the song & jot down even more information.
4. Tell the students they are going to rewrite Billy Joel's song with updated history
5. Student's research 2-3 years for the history that happened then each group will compose 4 lines to the new version of "We Didn't Start the Fire".
6. Attached is sample of student's work
WSHT.6.4 , WSHT.7.4 , WSHT.8.4