£23,187 - £24,599 pro rata
18.5 hours a week
Are you passionate about the training of the next generation of agricultural/land based engineers? If so, we are looking to recruit a part time assessor to assess our growing Land Based Engineering Apprenticeships.
The hours will be on a flexible arrangement, assessing apprentices for their qualification in the workplace.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience of working in the agricultural/land based engineering trade. Will possess an Assessor qualification or be willing to attain one with a specified period of time. There is access to the use of college vehicles but having your own transport is essential for which mileage will be paid.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus
In addition, the successful applicant will have:
- A good knowledge of Land based engineering and machinery.
- Current experience in land-based engineering and machinery.
- Ability to plan training programmes (each apprentice follows slightly different Units and employers can provide different experiences).
- Ability to assess to the required standards and provide guidance if the evidence is not to the standard
- Ability to complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to monitor apprentice's progress
- Ability to work with apprentices and be able to motivate and encourage them to complete work.
- Ability to work / liaise with employers
- Previous assessing/trainer/teaching experience would be an advantage but not essential. Full training will be provided for all aspects of the post.
Closing Date: 18 September 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme) • Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme • Free on-site parking • Car Share Scheme • Occupational Sick Pay Scheme • Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme • Flexible Working Policy • Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff) • Child Care Vouchers • Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement • Access to an employee assistance scheme • On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum) • Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus • You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme • Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey. • Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus • Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo • Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications • Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider