Beech Grove Primary School
Courtland Road, Wellington, Somerset TA21 8NE
32.5 hours per week, term time only
Grade 15: £15,375 to £16,491 (pro-rata) depending on experience
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 15:30 (term time)
We are looking for a teaching assistant to work on a 1:1 basis to support a pupil with special educational needs. The position is on a fixed term contract attached to the pupil’s SEN funding.
The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated, resilient, have a sense of fun and empathy towards pupils with specific special needs. They will enjoy both supporting and celebrating the achievement of pupils. Our special needs teaching assistants support learning both as part of a class team working under the direction of a class teacher, and also on a 1:1 basis, delivering a tailored curriculum to support individual children.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working as a Teaching Assistant with primary age pupils OR a graduate with an interest to go into teaching
- Have at least a Grade C in GCSE or O level qualifications in Maths, English and Science
- Be positive, enthusiastic and adaptable
- Have a good understanding of working with children with special educational needs
- Be able to work effectively with a range of people
- Be willing to learn and take on new ideas
In return we can offer:
- A commitment to you and your professional development
- Strong, supportive leadership and a caring and enthusiastic staff team
- Keen and enthusiastic children, who want to learn
- Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
Please call or email the school office on 01823 662438 / firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
Please email completed application forms to the email address above by 12pm on Friday 29th June 2018
Interviews will be held on: Friday 6th July 2018
Beech Grove School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts require a police check through the disclosure process.