Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dedicated 1:1 Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC). You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC under your supervision within the Hounslow area. As a 1:1 Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. As you will be working on a 1:1 basis with students, this role will require you to work with students to build positive, professional relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student’s timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however most students will be studying core subjects, and therefore experience of teaching English, Maths, or Science is desired. The temporary role is to start ASAP.
About the Role
• 1:1 Tutor
• Will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil’s EHCP
• Make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus (therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet)
• You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC review
• Suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary
• Temporary role
• ASAP start
• From £25 per hour dependent on experience
In order to be considered for this role, the 1:1 Tutor will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience of teaching or instructing young people (essential)
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS (desirable)
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCPs for a Special Educational Needs
• Has experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent teaching-related references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC2203.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.