Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are looking to recruit 1:1 Tutors to work exclusively with students in SEND Schools and Alternative Provisions in the Wisbech and surrounding Fenland areas.
We are looking for tutors who are able to teach students on a 1:1 basis in subject areas such as; GCSE English, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Spanish, French and German. It is therefore essential that you have strong knowledge of the subject matter you will be tutoring in, and be able to build a genuine rapport with the young person you’re support. The length of the lessons will vary between 2 – 4 hours. Occasionally lessons may be required to take place outside of the school environment including in the student’s home, community centres and local libraries (you will therefore need to be comfortable travelling to them).
You will need to be an imaginative and creative character with the ability to keep children engaged with the relevant subject matter. It is paramount that you have a genuine passion for working with children and be able to withstand challenging forms of behaviour. You will need to be patient, considerate and be able to demonstrate that you are adaptable to suit changing situations.
Ideally, we are looking for people who possess a Teaching Qualification (such as PTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE), or a Teaching Assistant qualification (Level 3). However, we will consider applications from people that have had experience in tutoring and supporting children and young people on a 1:1 basis.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and eLearning Courses (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
· Generous Recommend a Friend Scheme.
· Dedicated team that work with our supply staff to place them in schools and locations that suit them.
· Wages paid directly into bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to know more, please the Peterborough office on 01733 371371.