Woking High School is a vibrant, high achieving, oversubscribed school with Academy status. We are seeking an enthusiastic 2nd in Department to join our thriving Mathematics department. As a school, we pride ourselves on innovative practice, consistently high standards of teaching and learning and are committed to the success of all students, both academically and pastorally. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful teaching at KS3 and KS4 and will have with the determination and talent to inspire our young people to achieve more than they believe is possible. Furthermore you will be excited by the opportunity of taking on greater responsibility and developing leadership skills.
There are many reasons for joining our staff team - these are just a few:-
• The Ofsted inspection of February 2016, which judged the school to be good, noted that, “Pupils’ behaviour in lessons and around the school is excellent”.
• Woking High School has been consistently placed in the top 10% of non selective schools for progress and attainment.
• We are proud to be one of the only 7% Investors in People organisations that holds the
prestigious ‘Gold’ standard award. This achievement highlights our commitment to leading, managing, training and supporting our staff through an extensive bespoke CPD / personal professional development plan.
• This is a fantastic stepping stone towards a Head of Department role.
• Woking High School is in a great location, 30 minutes from London by train and parking is free. We offer a range of staff benefits including pension, healthcare, staff discount schemes and vouchers.
You are welcome to telephone the school for an informal discussion. Application packs can be downloaded from our website.
If you are interested in this position please apply as soon as possible as interviews will be held upon receipt of suitable applications.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th March at 10.00am
Woking High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.