We are seeking a dynamic and committed Academic Counsellor to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022. Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has grown significantly and our reputation for developing academic achievement and is well known as one of the international school of choice in Ras Al Khaimah.
The Academic Counsellor acts as a link to all relevant departments to gain an in depth understanding of student ambitions, abilities and goals that are essential in supporting students and families as they move through school. Reporting to the Head of Education, the Academic Counsellor will promote and nurture a culture focused on growth, purpose, and a sense of belonging to help students find their best fit for the future and to be their best selves. The Academic Counsellor will be available to students who need support with school work and social issues that may be effecting their educational outcomes. RAK Academy has a supportive culture for all our students and this key role will help maintain positive and successful school experiences for all learners.
• Advise and guide students to develop academic plans in accordance with their skills, talents and strengths.
• Support students develop independent study skills.
• Support and develop academic resilience across the school.
• Deliver sessions to students supporting preparation for award baring exams and assessments.
• Advise students on any educational issues as and when they arise.
• Where appropriate engage with families and students to raise expectations and engagement in education.
• Ensure development of bespoke learning pathways for students through close liaison with upper primary through to Key Stage 5.
• Proactively working with school staff to raise educational outcomes for all students.
• Data analysis and tracking of key groups of underperforming students.
• Plan and track bespoke, data driven intervention strategies in alignment with student indicators and accepted benchmarks within the School Improvement Plan.
• Measure the impact of the role on key student groups.
• Promote best practice in the field of Academic Counselling.
• Upholds the Academy’s policies relating to child protection and safeguarding, anti-bullying, behavior and all other relevant policies.
• Contributing to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and personal care of children and young people.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Access to our professional development opportunities.
To apply for this position please use 'QUICK APPLY'
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions, only candidates selected for a first interview will be contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date for applications.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
RAK Academy is an independent, co-educational international family of schools, situated in beautiful Ras Al Khaimah (RAK), the northernmost emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport and 20 minutes’ drive from Ras Al K...