Academic Guidance Counsellor, Primary & Middle School
Institut auf dem Rosenberg seeks a qualified and international teacher with experience of providing guidance counselling and strong skills in communication with parents. This is an exciting, student-focused, varied role, which combines both business and educational skill set. A successful candidate would demonstrate a passion for meeting each child’s individual needs, through creative solutions and have experience of implementing strategies proactively. Confidence and familiarity in successfully communicating and resolving issues with international families is key.
Successful candidates should have the following qualities:
- at least 5 years working in an international school environment.
- experience teaching of IGCSEs and A levels, and working in an IB school.
- at least 2 years experience of responsibility for supporting students to apply to universities worldwide as well as academically guiding students choosing their grade 9 and grade 11 courses.
- impeccable English and an understanding of how to communicate with parents from other cultures.
- strong, quick IT and organisation skills.
Candidates should also have the experience of:
- supporting students to apply to German-speaking universities.
- teaching High School Diploma courses.
- assessing children for dyslexia, dyscalculia and other minor learning difficulties.
- fluency in a language other than English.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. The school offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations and is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school also operates the Rosenberg School of Talent & Enrichment where students can access first class co-curricular and sports programmes. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating "Academic Guidance Counsellor" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 16th June 2018. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.