Accelerated Learning Champion
H3 Term Time Only
Actual salary will be £16,783
(1-year contract in the first instance)
The Accelerated Learning Champion is a new, exciting role for the school. As a result of Covid-19 lockdowns, we are seeking to appoint a Learning Champion who will support students who have gaps in their learning. This will have a particular focus on literacy development. The role will be part of our Learning Support Team but with a specific remit to intervene with students, both in a classroom environment and on a 1-2-1 and small group basis, to accelerate literacy gaps that have been created due to the National Pandemic.
The successful candidate for this post:
• Have the skills and knowledge to be able to develop student literacy
• Will track the academic performance of their students to ensure each child is making at least expected progress
• Will support students who need help to overcome barriers to learning
• Will be passionate about working in partnership with all stakeholders
• Has highly developed interpersonal skills with young people
• Has a positive, can-do attitude with colleagues and students
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and is a real team player.
In return, Goffs-Churchgate can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of a popular, growing school, which has an excellent reputation in the local community
• New teaching facilities and a highly professional working environment
• A truly collaborative working environment
• A highly aspirant school, with students and staff equally committed to that agenda
• Outstanding career development, including opportunities across the Generations Multi Academy Trust
Please contact Tracey Backman, HR Manager, at email@example.com for further details.
Closing date for applications: Monday 7th June 2021
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after this date
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint applicants prior to the formal closing date.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Goffs - Churchgate Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Goffs-Churchgate Academy is the first school to join the Goffs Generations Multi Academy Trust. This newly established school now has a new uniform, name, brand, leadership and curriculum, based on the hugely successful model in place at Goffs Ac...