Job details: 32.5 Hours, Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to work with our SENDCo and other dedicated staff, to ensure our students with additional needs continue to flourish in our mainstream school. We have an excellent reputation for our inclusive ethos and our students benefit from a range of provisions enabling them to make progress in-line with their peers, achieve national outcomes and access the next stage in their education or training.
This is a lead role within the SEND department and the successful candidate will be responsible for the line management and quality assurance of KS3 and KS4 specialist provisions and lead on whole-school cognition and learning Interventions.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding, vibrant and motivating classroom practitioner for students with additional needs.
- Experienced at identifying and allocating provision for SEND students in either a mainstream or special school.
- A leader who inspires staff by clearly communicating a vision to build on an already strong department.
- A highly motivated team player with good interpersonal skills.
- A role model of the school’s ethos and committed to an inclusive education.
We will offer:
- Quality CPD and experiences that will help you to develop, whatever stage of your career.
- Support to develop and build this role and the freedom to implement your strategies.
- Students who want to learn and a friendly and supportive team of professionals to work with.
Winterhill is a forward thinking, multi-cultural school, committed to an inclusive education that raises the aspirations of all. We are unashamedly ambitious for our students and for our staff. We endeavour to grow and develop the skills and experiences of everyone within our school community. We are located within five minutes of J34 (Meadowhall) and J35 of the M1 and offer fantastic facilities.
If you wish to discuss this post or arrange a visit, please contact Mrs R Llukaj (SENDCo) via telephone number 01709 740232 or e-mail email@example.com
The closing date is 9:00 am on the 05 February 2018.
Interviews will be held the same week.
Application forms and further details may be downloaded from the school website at www.winterhill.org.uk or are available from the school. Completed application forms should be returned electronically for the attention of Mrs J Parkin, Headteacher’s PA, at the school address or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a school application form MUST be completed – we do not accept CVs.
Address: High Street, Kimberworth, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S61 2BD
Tel: 01709 740232
Applicants should note that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.