JOB TITLE: Accounts Assistant
Salary: NJC Grade 4 (£21,589 - £23,836 per annum)
Working pattern: 37 hours per week, year-round
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottingham
This is an ideal role for a candidate who is looking for the next step in their professional accountancy career and who is self-motivated and keen to learn and progress. Working with the Finance Manager, your role will be to work as part of a team to maintain Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Cashbooks for a small number of schools. You will be working with a range of stakeholders to provide a professional service and so the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team is essential. There will be the opportunity to gain a professional accountancy qualification which will be funded by TTCT.
To secure this role you must have experience of Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Cashbook processing and Bank Reconciliation. A knowledge of Sage or similar software would be a distinct advantage. Experience of working in the education sector and payroll administration is desirable, but not essential, as your ability to learn quickly, rise to a challenge and deliver a first-class service is more important to us.
Why join us:
The Two Counties Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy, with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: 5pm on Wednesday 28 August 2019
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 03 September 2019
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure, two references and successful completion of vetting procedures.