Acting Subject Leader-Music-Required from February 2019 (Maternity Cover)
We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who can offer the vision and creativity to lead and shape delivery of this popular subject.
Our music department plays a key part in the life of the academy and the enrichment of our students. Large numbers of students are involved in extracurricular activities including bands and choirs.
The successful candidate will be:
• An outstanding teacher with an excellent track record of examination success at Key Stages 3-5.
• Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
• Passionate about music and will inspire our students to be so as well by providing a creative and engaging learning environment.
• Highly energetic with the ability to motivate those around them.
• Committed to the continuation of music enrichment across the academy.
Accrington Academy is a popular, vibrant and successful 11-18, non-selective school. Our intention as part of the United Learning family of academies is “Bring out the Best in Everyone”. We have developed a culture of “hard work” and “dedication” from our students and staff alike, where high expectations and a desire for success are standard and everyone is proud to belong to Accrington Academy. We believe that everyone at the academy can be outstanding and we seek to draw out the full potential in everyone.
With Accrington Academy being part of one of the leading school groups in the country, we offer unrivalled career development opportunities and support to ensure you achieve your ambitions.
For further information and to apply please visit:
Closing date: 14th December 2018 (12 noon)
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS (previously CRB) check is required for all successful applicants.