Do you have school admin experience?
Do you have a few weeks free in July?
Do you help provide international youngsters with a smooth, fun summer course?
Join us at one of the top ranked residential summer schools in the UK. We offer a friendly, professional, rewarding environment and have positions available from the beginning of July.
The Administrative Assistant is an office-based position and he/she provides administrative support for the Course Director to ensure the smooth running of the course.
- Support the senior staff in the administration of the academic programme, boarding houses and recreation programme, as required
- Deal with internal and external correspondence in a professional manner
- Prepare letters, memos, agendas, presentations and reports and take minutes of meetings
- Monitor supplies/stock and reorder when necessary, liaising with the Windsor office where required
- Maintain filing systems and update database
You will work with a wide range of individuals from the UK and overseas in a vibrant summer school environment.
There may be an opportunity for a suitable qualified/experienced person to combine this role with that of a Specialist Recreation Teacher.
We take great care choosing our schools and we look at everything they have to offer from their location to the range of facilities:
- St Georges School, Ascot
- Epsom College
- St. John's School, Leatherhead
- Rugby School
- Sevenoaks School
We currently have Admin Assistant roles at Ascot, Leatherhead and Sevenoaks
Who You Are
- Have administration experience (ideally in a school)
- Be able to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Confident Excel and Word user
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and reliable
- Live within commuting distance of one of our schools
Dates and Times
- Various start dates from 1 – 8 July (exact start dates depend on the centre
- Working hours are 8.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.30pm
- In quieter weeks, only half days may be required
- On full days, lunch is provided
- On student arrival and departure days, it may be necessary to work until 9pm but time off in lieu can be taken at an appropriate time
What Our Staff Say About Us
“The course is extremely well thought-out with the professionalism of the staff delivering a fun and challenging course that always exceeds the expectations of the students. I can’t speak highly enough of the company, they are an extremely good school to work for.” Kate -various centres 2011 – 2017
“TVSS gives you a chance to progress, experience responsibility and work to your strengths. I have really enjoyed seeing the students’ progress and I love the way that TVSS looks for new opportunities and encourages returning staff to get involved in those opportunities. I would not work for any other summer school” Lorraine – various centres 2014 – 2017
Excellent facilities, excellent staff and excellent kids! Would certainly love to be a part of another TVSS course in the future!" Paul - 2017
How To Apply
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged.
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We conduct Skype interviews for these positions.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Our Commitment To Safeguarding
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police(if based overseas)
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of Education Mandi Muggeson on 01753 852001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org