Focus Learning Trust is part of OneSchool Global, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
Due to stable growth, our Focus School Gloucester Campus are seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant on a part-time (0.6 FTE), permanent basis (term time only + 1 week in the summer). You will work as a member of the school’s administrative team providing clerical and administrative support to assist in the smooth running of the school.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- Undertake reception duties including answering the telephone, dealing with face-to-face enquiries and acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the school.
• Provide administrative/clerical support to the Head Teacher’s PA e.g. typing, photocopying, filing, emailing etc.
• Undertake administrative duties in respect of pupil attendance, including following up of individual absences, in accordance with school absence policy.
• Be responsible for updating display boards for achievements and attendance.
• Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with staff and parents etc. as required by first aider.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
• Continually promote and support the ethos and principles of the school and to avoid any action that may be detrimental or prejudicial to the interests of the school.
• Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
• The ability to establish and maintain good relationships with students, parents, colleagues and trustees
• A professional approach to the role including a good telephone manner
• Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work on own initiative, with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Willingness to be flexible
• Experience of working in a school office would be an advantage
• Experience of using SIMS would be beneficial
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• An excellent working environment with good resources
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
• Active and committed parents
• A supportive and involved community
• Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
• New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all Focus Schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://gloucester.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: Friday 1st February 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Focus School Gloucester Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment