Part of the ‘Wharfe Valley Learning Partnership’
900 STUDENTS AGED 11-19 (180 in the Sixth Form)
Principal: Christopher Walsh BA, MA
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in April 2015
11-18 years approx. 1000 students
Administrative Assistant (Exams, Data and Cover)
For 1st September 2019
Hours: 37 hours per week (8.00am to 4.00pm) (7:30am to 3:30pm during Exam periods)
Term time only + 10 days (to include 2 days for each results day (A Level and GCSE)
Salary: B1 SCP 4-6 (£18,426 - £19,171) - actual starting salary £16,093
Subject to a 6- month probationary period
Boston Spa Academy is seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to provide comprehensive support to the Administration Team, with particular responsibility for Exams and reporting to the Academy Data Manager. You should be incredibly organised, efficient, personable and committed. This vacancy represents an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking, innovative and dynamic academy that works within the nationally renowned GORSE Academies Trust.
- Friendly and well organised team-player with the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workloads in a varied and fast paced environment.
- Good telephone manner with parents/carers and other outside agencies.
- Able to produce well-presented, accurate written documents.
- Uses good interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
- Works to deadlines and encourages others to do so.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SIMS.
- To work in partnership with colleagues throughout The GORSE Academies Trust.
An application pack which provides further details of the role is available to download directly from our website at www.tgat.org.uk/jobs, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note if you submit an electronic application we will not require a hard copy. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th June 2019 (Noon)
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 24th June 2019
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
TGAT Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders 2018
Boston Spa Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and we expect our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check. We promote diversity and aim to establish a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.