36 Hours per week - Term Time plus inset days
Salary – Scale 4, spinal point 18 – 21 (£18,070 – £20,138 pro rata)
Plus London Weighting (£1,848 pro rata)
(circa. £17,496 - £19,313 inclusive of London Weighting
Working at Preston Manor means that you benefit from working in a school with a 75 year old reputation for success, whilst also enjoying the excitement and innovation of being part of a new school having recently become an all-through Co-operative School. We are a large learning community with students from ages 4 – 19 years old and our curriculum expands across six key stages.
Joining us means you are joining an esteemed, outward facing establishment which is currently breaking new ground into its exciting future. We are oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour, excellence in teaching and learning, an inclusive and welcoming community. We are proud of our focus on student and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff-retention rates.
Preston Manor is looking to recruit a proactive and innovative individual to assist in delivering excellent services within the school’s administrative support function. The successful candidate will need to:-
• Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to Preston Manor’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office package, at intermediate level or above, in a work environment
• Demonstrate the ability to review processes through use of technology, identify improved ways of working
• Experience of working in a busy office (preferably in a school environment)
• General experience of administrative tasks (filing, record keeping etc.)
• Have the ability to work with a broad range of software applications
• Demonstrate a positive and professional commitment to customer care
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be prepared to alter their working arrangements to meet the business needs when necessary
• Be committed to their continuous professional development
• Work equally well either as a team member or under their own initiative
• To be responsible for updating the school website under the direction of the Senior Leadership team
Excellent organisational skills and a flexible working attitude are both essential.
Excellent communication, time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure are also essential for the role.
• A supportive and nurturing work environment
• A commitment to staff development in terms of managing performance and carrying out staff appraisals.
• the unique experience of working in an all-through school
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive team of staff who are committed to helping our students achieve to the highest level possible, and a school which prioritises the professional development of all its staff.
The school is situated within sight of the iconic Wembley Stadium, and provides access to all that Wembley has to offer. The school benefits from fantastic links both through public transport and by car. It is a short 10 minute walk from Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations and a 10 minute bus journey from North Wembley Station. The Metropolitan, Jubilee and Bakerloo lines as well as the London Overground/Network rail are within easy reach of the school. Central London locations can easily be reached within 20 minutes from the school. The school is also accessible to major motorways (M25, M1, M40 and A40 etc.).
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality and well-resourced environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary team of teachers.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.’
‘Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.’
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or disability.
Closing Date: noon Monday 19 February 2018
Interview Date: w/c 26 February 2018
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised.
Preston Manor School is committed to the welfare and safety of its students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.