We are seeking to appoint an experienced, positive and proactive Administrator who will support both the IB Coordinator in the running of the International Baccalaureate programme in the School’s Sixth Form, and the Director of Admissions in the admission of new pupils throughout the School.
The role is central to two important departments in the School and the role holder will become a source of information and a point of contact for pupils, parents and staff, so therefore strong communication and customer service skills are required. There is a strong emphasis on the flexible proactive management of tasks and accurate handling of sensitive data, requiring excellent attention to detail. The role provides an excellent opportunity for someone to further develop wide-ranging administrative skills in a School environment.
The role holder will also be expected to provide support to other departments as needed, such as the Finance, Marketing, Secretary and Development departments, and will therefore need to be enthusiastic and willing to take on a variety of tasks. The role holder will be qualified in first aid (training will be provided).
The role will report to both the IB Coordinator and the Director of Admissions and is a part-time, term-time only position, 25 hours per week, 5 days a week, plus 15 full days to be worked in the holidays. The position has been evaluated at Grade 5, SCP 12 on the Support Staff salary scale, which equates to an actual salary of £13,171 per annum (£22,443 per annum full-time equivalent). The role is part-time but specific working hours will be required during peak times throughout the year.
· Provide administrative support to the IB Coordinator throughout the year, and at key points such as the Exam sessions in May and November
· Support pupils through the IB programme by registering them for exams, uploading coursework, administering their exams and helping to issue results information
· Act as a point of contact for staff and pupils and distribute information as appropriate
· Provide staff with information about training courses, and as directed by the Head of Professional Development, book staff onto courses, arranging accommodation and travel where necessary
· Provide administrative support to the Director of Admissions throughout the year, and on key dates such as the Entrance Exam (which is on a Saturday), 16+ Evening, Open Days, Induction Days and the Admissions Ceremony
· Process applications and enter data about new and prospective pupils
· Facilitate the admissions process by distributing information packs, arranging interviews and delivering correspondence
· Act as a point of contact for prospective and new parents and provide tours of the School
· Provide reception cover when required, to include answering the phone, greeting and directing visitors, processing deliveries and passing on messages to staff
· Provide administrative support to other departments when required
Provide first aid cover
How to apply
To apply for this role, please forward a completed application form (available for download at: www.kes.org.uk/jobs), and a covering letter, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 8th December 2017.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing Monday 11th December 2017.
If you have any queries about the role or would like to discuss it in more details, please contact Becky Smith, HR Manager, by email: email@example.com.
King Edward's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check. A copy of the School’s Recruitment, Selection and Disclosure Policy is available on the School website.