Post Reference: 31/2018
Accountable to: Assistant Principal
Conditions of Employment :
National Sixth Form Colleges’ Forum Pay Spine and Conditions of Employment for Support Staff. Permanent, full time (35 hours per week) contract.
Main Purpose of Admissions Officer Post:
The post-holder will have responsibility for the detailed administration of the admissions process for all students to ensure a smooth and efficient admissions operation. This will involve monitoring and updating of all information relating to admissions throughout the academic year. The post-holder is responsible for maintaining accurate admissions information to enable the compilation of statistical reports for SMT that will inform recruitment and marketing activity.
- To manage and co-ordinate the admissions process in close liaison with other departments in the college.
- To manage applications through the Schudio online application system and to manage paper applications
- To be responsible for inputting student applications onto the College database and updating and tracking applicant status.
- To prepare and send out correspondence related to admissions activity
- To respond to admissions enquiries from potential applicants, parents and teachers independently and in a timely and professional manner.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of all materials and files required for the admissions process
- To maintain computerised record systems for admissions and admissions related contacts (prospective applicants, schools, careers advisors)
- To organise interview evenings/sessions and to liaise with the Student Development Team
- To liaise with the Learning Support team with regard to SLDD applications and interviews
- To liaise with CIS personnel regarding student data to ensure accuracy of reporting
- To organise and conduct individual visits to the College for prospective students and parents
- To deal with applications from overseas students
- To provide reports to the Assistant Principal and Marketing Director on Admissions activity
- To manage spreadsheets for following up outstanding acceptances/references and email/send letters accordingly
- To manage documentation including the admissions team guidance handbook
- To work with Assistant Principal on registration and enrolment procedures and start of term arrangements
- To assist with the planning, organising and evaluation of the College Open Evenings
- To work as part of a team to help plan, organise and evaluate the New Student Freshers’ Day
- To provide support to the Assistant Principal and Marketing Director on other admissions and marketing activities as required
- To be responsible for updating and producing course data SFA/EFA
- To be responsible for updating and producing course data for UCAS Progress website.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please complete the Application Form – Support Staff which is available on the College website: www.bsfc.ac.uk
Closing Date: Midday Monday 18 June 2018
Please return your completed documentation including:
Assessments/interviews will take place on Thursday, 21 June 2018
Birkenhead Sixth Form College has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If you are invited for interview, your suitability to work with children will be explored as well as your suitability for the post.
All posts are subject to Enhanced Disclosure Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The College is an Equal Opportunities employer and all members of the College have a personal responsibility to implement the policy, to carry out their responsibilities in accordance with it and to maintain an equality of opportunity for all.
The Governors and staff of the College take their duties under the Equality Act 2010 very seriously. They will ensure that all reasonable adjustments are made to ensure that disabled people are treated fairly and that they are not placed at any substantial disadvantage. The College is committed to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the post and to consider them on their abilities.
On the application form, you are asked to provide details of two employment referees (preferably your line manager from your current and previous or most recent employer/s), who can comment on your suitability for the post. References from relatives or individuals writing in the capacity of friends will not be accepted.
The College will seek references on short-listed applicants before interview, and will approach previous employers for information to verify suitability for the post, dates of employment, particular experience or qualifications, punctuality history and details of any disciplinary offences.
In addition, if you are currently working with children or young people, on either a paid or voluntary basis, your current employer will be asked about your suitability to work with children and any disciplinary offences relating to children or young people. This will include any offences for which the penalty is time expired (that is where a warning could no longer be taken into account in any new disciplinary hearing for example) and whether you have been the subject of any child protection concerns, and if so, the outcome of any enquiry or disciplinary procedures. If you are not currently working with children but have done so in the past, that previous employer will be asked about those issues.
Please note providing false information is an offence and could result in your application being rejected, or dismissal without notice if you have been appointed and possible referral to the police.
PARK ROAD WEST
Telephone 0151-652 5575
Principal Mike Kilbride