THE GORSE ACADEMIES TRUST
*Advanced Skills Teacher (or AST Designate)
Required from September 2019
Salary: L7 – L11 *subject to accreditation (or MPR/UPR + TLR 2C £6646)
Full time or Part time considered
A rare and remarkable opportunity that will change your career
Are you passionate about learning? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
We are looking to recruit an Advanced Skills Teacher (or AST Designate), who is a model of excellent practice, to become part of our primary team.
If you have the skills to raise the teaching and learning standards to the highest quality and to embed a learning culture that enables children to become enthusiastic and independent learners; then this is the role for you!
You will be an outstanding practitioner who:
- Is dedicated to raising standards and is able to demonstrate highly effective teaching skills
- Demonstrates excellent and innovative pedagogical approaches for teaching and learning
- Can demonstrate the ability to plan an exciting, inspiring curriculum
- Is able to coach and mentor staff to reach high standards
We can offer you:
- A significant role in our school
- Dedicated leadership time
- Opportunities for professional development
- Fantastic children, supportive parents and governors
- Enthusiastic colleagues who will be keen to work with you
- The opportunity to be part of a rapidly improving school and the chance to offer your ideas and influence our improvement journey of the school
Whilst the position of Advanced Skills Teacher has been abolished nationally we, as an academy and as a Trust, believe it is a pivotal role and would welcome applications from qualified ASTs, designated Specialist Leaders of Education or those who feel they are ready for the challenge of becoming an AST Designate in the first instance.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills and abilities, we look forward to hearing from you. If you feel that you are not yet working consistently at this level, but wish to be considered as an AST Designate, please contact us to discuss this further.
A full application pack is available to download from the website www.tgat.org.uk/jobs
If you would like further details, or to arrange a visit, please email Executive Principal (Primaries) Simon McCarthy email@example.com. or telephone: 0113 3229861. Visits are w elcomed and strongly encouraged.
CVs are not accepted
Completed applications should be returned to the same email address by 9.00 am on Friday 26 April.
Interviews will take place week commencing 29 April 2019.
If you would like to know more about The Gorse Academies Trust, please visit; https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/the-gorse-academies-trust-1071685
TGAT Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders 2018
The GORSE Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and we expect our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check. We promote diversity and aim to establish a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.