After School Club Coordinator
Hours: 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary: Grade 5
SCP 12 – 25 £21,589 – £25,295 pro rata
The Governing Body are looking to appoint a part-time After School Club Coordinator to start as soon as possible.
Hallam is a large, inclusive and welcoming school set on an open site with an abundance of green space located to the west of Sheffield. The school sits at the heart of an established, close-knit yet growing community and provides education from 4 to 11. Our children are happy, safe and enjoy a creative curriculum and our parents greatly value their children's education and the work of the school. In addition to this the school has been part of a large expansion project which has seen us extend to three classes per year and over 600 pupils.
The school is at the heart of its community and in September 2015 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
You will need to:
• Have experience of working within an After School Club/Breakfast Club setting.
• Provide line management of the After School Club/Breakfast Club team including performing appraisals, managing absence and performance
• Manage bookings for After School Club/ Breakfast club and ensure that they are operating at capacity
• Provide registers for children and the admin elements of the club
• Ensure all welfare requirements are met and in place
• Ensure that a wide range of creative and enjoyable activities are offered
• Consult with the children and involve them in the planning of activities
• Encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships
• Excellent inclusive practice
• Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with children with additional needs
• Ensure that play meets the full range of children's individual and group needs
In return we can offer you:
• a staff team with a vision of excellence for the future
• a dedicated and aspirational Governing Body
• a committed and supportive community which plays an active role in the school
• a well-resourced and stimulating environment