Do you want to work in an excellent school with happy, fun loving children and a dedicated team of supportive staff?
Do you have the skills to support children’s learning and their physical & emotional well-being?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic leader with excellent communication skills to manage our After School Club Team. This is an exciting role. We are seeking a dynamic and pro-active individual to create an exciting and stimulating environment as part of our extended services to families.
Required: 1st November 2017
Hours per week: 17.5 hours (39 weeks, term time only) 2.30 – 6.00 pm (with flexibility for occasional overtime)
Salary: Scale 6, point 26-28 £11,295 – 11,995 per annum
You will need to be:
- Confident in delivering a sound educational experience for children,
- Able to manage and organise after school childcare activities under the direction of the School’s Leadership Team,
- Caring and approachable, yet firm and fair,
- Committed to working with children and to providing equality of opportunity,
- Able to demonstrate excellent English (written/verbal), numeracy and IT skills,
- Well organised with high expectations,
- Able to carry out educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning,
- Understanding of the principals of safe practice and educational development in childcare.
The position involves supervising children and providing after school care during term time. You will be required to work with playworkers in developing and delivering a stimulating, child-centred play and activity programme.
You will need to be well-motivated and able to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents and committed to positively supporting children. Knowledge of first aid is an advantage.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please download an application pack from our website http://www.tetherdownschool.org or contact Marie Barber, Business Manager on 0208 883 3412 for further information.
Tetherdown School is committed to safeguarding children. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory background checks, including two references and an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 29th September 2017
Interviews: Afternoon of Monday 9th October 2017 to include activities with the children.
Successful candidates for interview will be notified by telephone.
Tel: 020 8883 3412 Fax: 020 8883 3414