The Vale Academy have a wonderful opportunity for an enthusiastic and energetic After School Club Supervisor to join them working with children across the Academy age range (5 to 11 years). The main focus of this role is to prepare and supervise the children in engaging, interesting and constructive activities. You will understand and implement safeguarding and health and safety of the children at all times.
The role of After School Club Supervisor is offered on a permanent basis, working 4 days per week, Monday – Thursday, for 2 hours 45 minutes each session. You will be required to keep accurate records as well as building relationships with the parents and children. The successful candidate will work as part of a highly motivated and professional team. They will be an effective team worker and have a genuine desire to improve the outcomes of young people. If you are looking to work with children in a fun and engaging way, come and join us at The Vale Academy!
· Plan and ensure safe and suitable activities are available including sports, arts & crafts, games etc.
· Supervise pupils throughout the session
· To maintain good order and discipline amongst the pupils
· To assist in clearing up areas used as part of the club
· Provide the children with appropriate support and encouragement in the development of their social skills.
The successful candidate will have:
· NVQ level 2 or 3 in Child Care / play work or equivalent – desirable
· Recent experience of working with children aged 4 – 11
· Knowledge of effective strategies for behaviour management with children
· Excellent communication skills
· Patience and resilience
· Start Date: ASAP
· Salary: £8.81 p/hr
· Hours: 3:00 – 5:45pm, Monday - Thursday – Term time only
· Contract: Permanent
Why work for The Vale Academy:
· You’ll be working in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school that takes pride in cultivating a positive working environment
· We have extensive specialist facilities and curriculum in the Arts, Sport and Design and Technology
· We are a forest school and have a fully integrated outdoor learning curriculum
· Local subsided gym memberships and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The strong leadership of the academy trust has established a community of dedicated and enthusiastic staff who work closely together to improve standards. Parents hold highly positive views about the school and report how keen their children are to attend each day”.