2 x Animal Care Instructors
1 Full time, permanent
1 Full time, fixed term maternity cover
£21,402 - £23,382 per annum, pro-rata for part time
Job ref: HR1718-94
South Staffordshire College require an Instructor in animal care. In addition to supporting and delivering the practical elements of our animal care provision; the successful applicant will also have involvement with organising and visiting learner work placements, organising offsite projects and visits and will have active participation in the learner recruitment process and in the colleges marketing events.
Depending on your skill set there may also be an opportunity to help develop and deliver a suite of new short courses and promotional animal care related workshops.
- Qualified to level 3 or above in animal care related studies.
- Hold or be willing to undertake a teacher training course (Dttls/Pttls, Cert ed)
- Relevant industrial experience in the animal care sector.
- Knowledge and confidence in dealing with a range of animal care subjects and passing knowledge on to learners.
- Experience of delivery to learners aged 14-16 would be an advantage.
Closing Date: Friday 16 March 2018
Interview Date: Week beginning 26 March 2018
Please click 'Apply Now' and once fully completed, please submit your application form
South Staffordshire College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
Please be aware successful applicants will be expected to fund their own DBS check, which is currently at £44