Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Animal Grounds Keeper
Reference Number: SCC171865A
Salary: Starting salary £10,156 per annum (a pro-rata of £16,338)
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 17th April 2018
Interview Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2018
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 23
An exciting opportunity has arisen for motivated Animal Grounds Keeper to join our successful Animal and Equine team at Eccles Sixth Form College. The post will involve carrying out maintenance projects in the Animal and Equine department, undertaking day to day enclosure upkeep and undertaking enclosure development, utilising a specific trade. Knowledge and previous experience to a Level 2 standard in a trade or excellent DIY skills are essential to this post. You should also be able to demonstrate good customer relationship skills through experience. The successful candidate will be flexible in his/her approach, have a passion for animals and have strong interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· 32 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the generous pension scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.