Apprentice Nursery Nurse
South & City College Birmingham
- Quick apply
- Age Related National Minimum Wage
- Job type:
- Full Time, Fixed Term
- Apply by:
- 4 February 2018
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• To safeguard the children in your care at all times liaising with colleagues if concerned for a child’s wellbeing
• Organise and provide a stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages, stages and needs of the children
• Maintain a high standard of hygiene in relation to self, children, equipment and surroundings
• Take an active part in development of language by sound, conversation, stories, rhymes and songs and be responsible for the correct use of books and for keeping them well maintained
• Maintain a suitable record of each child's development/ health care where necessary
• Promote a sense of identity and worth in each child, which takes a positive view of his/ her culture, religion and home environment
• Take children out of nursery on everyday, domestic expeditions, e.g. shopping, to the library, etc
• Attend staff meetings when required
• Take advantage of training courses, when able, within the division • Maintain an active interest in new developments in Early Years practice
• Make parents feel at ease and welcome in the nursery, encouraging participation and discussion
• Report and record any injury or accident (including suspicion of non-accidental injury), following the guidelines laid down by the nursery
• Undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the Nursery Manager, in the interest of the service
• Treat any information of matters relating to the work within the nursery as confidential
Other Duties and Responsibilities
a) Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
b) Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
c) Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
d) Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
e) Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
f) Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.
About South & City College Birmingham
- South & City College Birmingham
- High Street Deritend, Digbeth, Birmingham
- West Midlands
- B5 5SU
- United Kingdom
Superbly situated in the heart of the city and only 5 minutes walk from the Bullring development, the Digbeth Campus offers full-time and part-time courses in creative workshops and cutting edge learning centres.
The centre buzzes with life. You can meet and chat in the lively common room or catch the latest sounds as musicians play in the café area. The café serves hot and cold food throughout the day. You will have free access to the internet and email in the Computer Learning Resource Centre and be able to borrow a range of books and magazines from the well-stocked library. The campus also has a dedicated higher education learning and social centre.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.