St Peters is a Catholic primary school, situated in central Caboolture with a student population of 675. We are known for our professional development programs and our acknowledgment that a school cannot rise above the capacity of its teachers. Visit our school website here.
St Peter’s Aquatic Centre has two heated pools (a 25 metre 7 lane pool and a 15 metre learn to swim pool), modern change facilities and offers a range of swim programs and services on admission and session fees. It operates 6.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday.
In this role you will conduct high quality aqua aerobics group fitness classes catering for the needs of patrons and educating them on fitness and safety, while maintaining a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
You will have a flexible and cooperative approach to working varying hours within the spread of operating hours of the Aquatic Centre.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- conducting high quality scheduled aqua group fitness classes providing adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching and cool down;
- instructing participants on: (1) effective workout methods; (2) proper techniques and exercises; and (3) different muscle groups and appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles;
- preparing appropriate equipment, music and handouts for each class;
- assisting participants, answering questions and maintaining a positive exercise experience for class participants;
- recording and maintaining records of participation numbers for each class;
- maintaining appropriate documentation and record keeping; and
- undertaking learn-to-swim classes as requested;
- preparing equipment prior to class commencement and storing it away in the appropriate areas on conclusion, ensuring equipment is checked and kept clean for public safety; and
- performing other related duties as requested including assisting in the Centre Canteen, including point of sale activities.
To be successful in this role you will be experienced in developing aqua aerobics programs and in instructing a variety of aqua aerobic classes, and hold a current:
- Certificate III in Fitness (Aqua)
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or SWIM Australia Qualification
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate (desirable)
You must have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education, be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Further information about the role can be found in the role description or by contacting the Principal.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing December 2018
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): to 5 April 2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: Part-time hours - roster to be negotiated
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $54,829 to $57,151 p.a. plus super pro rata
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
Contact Person: Donna Castelli
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5495 2266
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window