The new Swiss International School of Qatar is seeking an outstanding and forward-thinking Arabic Teacher for September 2018. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to be part of the founding team of educators that is establishing the IB MYP and DP at SISQ, and taking the school through IB authorisation.
SISQ will be a full IB school and has the ambition of becoming one of the leading educational institutions in the region.
The successful candidate will have the following essential qualities:
- Experience teaching Arabic in a Secondary School
- Be a fully native level Arabic speaker with a degree in Arabic
- Ability to cope in a start-up environment
- Extensive curriculum-writing skills and experience
- A collaborative style and a good sense of humour
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A commitment to student learning and safeguarding
The following qualities would be an advantage:
- MYP and/or DP training and/or experience
- Experience in an international setting
- Ability to teach Islamic Studies
- Ability and willingness to teach primary students too
Applications for this position are through Schrole. Please apply early, as SISQ may make an appointment before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.