Are you an outstanding Arabic teacher? If so, we have a unique opportunity for a career-minded teacher to join one of our fast developing schools.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for an outstanding teacher who is eager to work for a global company, striving to be recognised as a world leader in the Oil and Gas Industry. As part of this strategy, QP places great emphasis on the contribution of every employee as well as recognising the need to ensure our young people receive a world-class education in order to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. At QP schools we support this vision by inspiring all our students to achieve success, health and happiness in the future.
The QP Schools are internationally focused and are at the centre of their community, each educating approximately 1250 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The schools are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant curriculum, which has the adapted English National Curriculum at its heart. We have personalised this to meet the needs of our international cohort, which along with our own Competence Framework and the Ministry of Education requirements, ensures that our learners are inspired and empowered for a great future.
We aspire to be a centre of excellence for Arabic and Islamic Studies. We teach Arabic and Islamic Studies to students from Nursery through to Sixth Form, following the requirements of Qatar’s Ministry of Education, and leading to iGCSEs in KS4 and A Levels in the Sixth Form.
We are seeking an excellent Arabic teacher. The ideal candidate will:
- Have up-to-date experience of teaching Arabic to native and non-native speakers to Primary aged students;
- Preferably be able to offer Islamic Studies and/or Qatar History (Ministry of Education curriculum) when required;
- Provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students;
- Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning;
- Ensure the students are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment;
- Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning;
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children ;
- Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and excellent sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, to:
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4)No of dependants 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 6) QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.email@example.com
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.