Area Lead – Applied Science, Biology & Geology
Location: Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire
Contract: Permanent, Full-time.
Start: 21st August 2020
Starting Salary: up to £46,399 (Including Management Allowance), depending upon the applicant’s skills and experience.
Relocation: A relocation allowance may be available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
John Leggott College is a successful (OFSTED Grade 2 ‘Good’) 16-19 Sixth Form College, located on a busy but pleasant site in in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. The College is located ten minutes from the M180 which is fed directly from the M18 and then the M1 – you’d be able to commute here quite easily from most of the towns and conurbations in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, including Pontefract, Doncaster, Sheffield, Grimsby, Lincoln and Hull. The college was confirmed as ‘Good’ in May 2018 and the Department for Education has affirmed we are also in solidly Satisfactory financial health.
John Leggott College are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspiring person for our award-winning College. Reporting to the Assistant Principals, the role will be to lead the Science Area (a role that many Colleges would call a ‘Faculty Head’), covering A Level Biology, A Level Geology, BTEC Applied Science at Level 2 and 3 all highly popular subjects with our students and a significant part of our College. The whole area has 5 first year groups BTEC Applied Science and second year groups 5 in one of our growing areas.
The main focus will be to continue to drive forward our results and value-added in the Area, improving results and consistency. We are looking for someone who can work with pace and have a relentless focus on outcomes. Our ideal candidate will recognise where we can improve and will be confident and consistent at putting students, their welfare and their education first. We will invest in the right candidate and they will join a middle leadership team who all support one another to share ideas. Being part of the Venn Group (an affiliation of five Sixth Form Colleges in our local area) is also a real positive for the College as it uniquely enables the successful post holder to work with other Area Leads in other Colleges, to share ideas, solve problems, practice techniques and support one another.
The role will suit:
• Anyone with a proven track record of outstanding teaching practice in Applied Science and Biology.
• Someone who can consistently deliver high value-added results and inspire, coach and develop colleagues to do the same.
• A teacher who is already successful at leading a team; OR a really effective main scale teacher who can show the ability to drive, motivate, support and lead the department to deliver outstanding results.
In return, we offer:
• An exciting post in a successful and award-winning College serving local communities.
• The opportunity to shape and develop an Area within the College that makes a real difference to the lives of young people.
• The challenge and stimulation of working alongside dedicated educationalists, capable support service managers, and wonderful students.
If you have any questions, or would like any further information on our fantastic college please contact Howard Darwin firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack please e-mail email@example.com and to read more about the vacancy https://www.leggott.ac.uk/staff-vacanices/
Please Note the Closing and Interview Date has changed. The closing date for applications is 23rd April 2020 at 1pm. Interviews will be held Week Commencing 27th April 2020.
John Leggott College has a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities, Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subjected to enhanced checks by the Disclosure & Barring Service