We are looking for an innovative teacher of Art & Design to join an outstanding Art Department at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. Our Art Department is unique, offering an array of external qualifications, and preparing our students for the best Art universities worldwide. The ability to teach an additional subject is a distinct advantage.
The ideal person will have substantial experience across various mediums including fine art, fashion textiles, ceramics and product design, an extensive portfolio of their own work, and experience of working in a project-based environment.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
- employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of excellent academic results, classroom management and in-class differentiation.
- have a proven record of accomplishment of teaching students of all age groups.
- have experience preparing art portfolios for university entry.
- are willing to develop and implement the Rosenberg International Curriculum(R).
- are interested in taking an active role in the Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive Talent & Enrichment programme.
- have the ability to lead on projects and work independently.
Requirements - ideal candidates will have:
- an appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
- a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience.
- the ability and willingness to teach International GCSEs/A-Levels, IB Diploma and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placements.
- Knowledge of SketchUp or AutoCad, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent software.
- a proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades.
- dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school’s values and ethos.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to pupils from all over the world. We have pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the past 130 years.
Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment.
- a rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, entrepreneurial and internationally renowned school.
- a truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
- collaborative colleagues committed to excellence.
- an entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan IDP® to maximise their potential.
- attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation for those relocating to Switzerland.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating “Art Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 16 May 2021. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype. Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years