To provide technical support services to the Art & DT Department, including the preparation of materials, setting up of equipment for class practical sessions and maintaining equipment for use.
- Supporting preparation of materials and equipment for lessons, as well as clearing away after lessons.
- Supporting resourcing of lessons with guidance from staff
- Organise components and materials for schemes of work.
- Organise technology preparation/storeroom on a regular basis.
- Technical support in lessons e.g. in GCSE or A Level projects.
- Preparing pupil work for display.
- Maintenance of storage areas in both classrooms and store rooms.
- Maintenance of specialist areas - Dark Room, Kiln Room and Screen Printing Area.
- Follow all Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ensuring all documentation related to COSSH is up to date and easily accessible; managed by the Head of Department.
- Preparing specialist materials for areas such as photography.
- Replenishing stock in the classrooms and specialist areas to support teaching.
- Supporting Art and Design visits
- Supporting enrichment projects.
· Routine maintenance of the various machines in each of the D.T. areas as well as hand tools, utensils and all power tools and equipment.
· Inspection, care and maintenance of workshop furniture.
· Safe storage and racking of materials, re-facing bench tops and vices as necessary.
. Maintain C.A.M machines.
· Assisting in the safe storage of equipment and inflammables including other hazardous substances.
· Check the availability of and conditions of all safety features including eye wear and clothing, laundering when necessary.
· Supervising routing safety checks.
· Routine cleaning and servicing of air filters and dust extraction units.
· Monitoring and cleaning of surfaces in workshops.
· Be responsible for the security of rooms and equipment.
· Photocopying and laminating teacher resources.
. Count ‘in’ and out’ sharp equipment at the beginning and end of practical
· Operating an efficient system of stocking, storing and distribution of tools and equipment throughout the DT department
· Operating the department’s filing system (cataloguing, filing, worksheets)
· Keeping records of maintenance of machine tools
· Keeping regulatory records related to dangerous equipment
The duties listed above are not an exhaustive list; employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. The school will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and working environment to enable access to employment for disabled applicants, or for continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition. This job description is current at the date advertised but may, in consultation with you, be changed by the head teacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
- Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please also complete the application form and a supporting statement (no more than two sides of A4).
- The deadline for this role is Friday 20 July 2018, however we will candidates to interview on receipt of suitable applications before the deadline, therefore early applications are advised.
- We will interview applicants on receipt of suitable applications.
- We will only interview candidates who provide 2 satisfactory referees as part of our commitment to safer recruitment practices and child safeguarding.
- The interview process will include practical assessment and an interview.
- We will offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful in the interview stage.