Heber Primary School
“A happy and creative family at the heart of the community.
All are welcome. All achieve.”
We are looking for an inspiring art teacher!
· Part Time Appointment, 0.6 FTE, 3 days per week
· Salary negotiable according to experience
· September 2018 start
· Excellent CPD opportunities
About the school
Heber is a high-achieving and popular school in East Dulwich, located close to Lordship Lane with its many great shops, cafes and transport links. We believe in providing a stimulating, creative and challenging curriculum for each and every one of our pupils. We can offer prospective employees the chance to work in a hugely supportive and happy environment with friendly staff and amazing children!
About the role
The successful candidate will be joining a school with a strong commitment to the creative arts. We have a dedicated art classroom and a record of nurturing artistic skills across all age groups in the school.
We wish to appoint an excellent art practitioner from September 2018 who will:
· Be dedicated and enthusiastic in maintaining and further developing a vibrant Art curriculum in the school.
· Be committed to high achievement and keen to continue the artistic traditions running through the school
· Have a strong subject knowledge and the ability to engage and inspire our pupils.
· Be able to deliver effective teaching and learning to pupils across a range of abilities and ages.
· Be able to demonstrate artistic flair and creativity and how they will use this to enhance our Art provision.
· Be able to contribute to a collaborative, friendly and highly skilled teaching team
Visits to the school prior to the application deadline are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit please email the school office at; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8693 2075.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 25th June 2018
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 26th June 2018
Interview Date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Heber Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practices are in place and successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, as well as undergoing other safeguarding checks.