- International Independent School
- Full-time or part-time position
The German International School Sydney (GISS) is currently seeking an Art Teacher for Junior Secondary (GISS curriculum, a combination of NSW and German curriculum) and Senior Secondary School (IB Diploma Programme).
The GISS is a small international school offering a bilingual education programme (German and English) from Preschool to the bilingual IB-Diploma. It is registered by the NSW Education Standards Authority and accredited by the Federal Republic of Germany as a German School Abroad.
The school is a highly reputable co-educational school that has a rich history of quality education and aims to provide an enjoyable workplace for its staff. GISS has been awarded “Excellent German School Abroad” in September 2017.
The language of instruction for Art in Junior Secondary is German, while the language of instruction for Visual Art in Yr11 & 12 is English. We are ideally looking for a bilingual German/English teacher of Art but will consider splitting this position to cater for language abilities. Please indicate what subjects you are able to teach and at which year levels in your application letter. Prior experience in teaching IB Visual Art is desirable but not mandatory.
Applicants are required to have:
• current NESA teacher accreditation (or be eligible for accreditation)
• the ability to work collaboratively with staff, students, and parents
• the right to work in Australia
Key descriptors and skills:
• Demonstrated effectiveness and experience as a teacher for secondary students
• Being a team player and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with parents, students, and colleagues
• Maintain professional competence by participating in staff development activities, curriculum development meetings, and other professional opportunities
• Being committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population in a bilingual learning environment
• Embracing the culture of a multilingual community in an inclusive, non-selective school
This position will commence with term 1 starting 21st January 2019. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to our principal Dr Lorenz Metzger (email@example.com).
Applications close 5th December 2018