The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St Bernard’s Primary School, Upper Mount Gravatt is seeking a part time Art Teacher to teach for 11 hours per week,
The role involves teaching Art from Prep – Year 4, eleven hour per week.
To be successful in this role applicants need to hold appropriate qualifications and experience, together with a high interest in teaching Art to children.
Also essential is:
• An understanding of the Australian Curriculum in the area of Art Curriculum
• Confidence with all aspects of BCE learning and teaching initiatives,
• Strong and effective organisational and communication skills,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• An ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices,
• A preparedness to contribute to the enhancement of our school culture,
• A strong commitment to support the Catholic ethos of the school.
• Qualification in Fine Arts is preferable.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Bernard's is Prep to Year 6 in Upper Mount Gravatt, situated next to Clairvaux MacKillop College. We are a co-educational school with approximately 330 students. We offer our families and students a broad education founded on the values of the St Bernard and the Sisters of St Joseph.
Estimated Start Date: January 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 11hours per week
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Trish McMahon
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3849 4800
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window