We are looking for an Art Technician to work closely with teaching staff in our Art department. The position will involve preparation for lessons as well as helping with the general organisation and the everyday running of the Art department. Due to the various procedures and techniques used in the department, a background in art and design is desirable.
Key skills and areas of responsibility would include:
- Organisation, efficiency and an independent work ethic as well as working well in a team;
- To prepare clay work and fire the kiln;
- To prepare screens for photographic screen printing and assist with A level printing;
- To prepare the photography darkroom for use;
- To be involved with display work in art rooms and to set up still life displays;
- Monitoring stock and ordering materials.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone considering a career in art education to gain experience in the industry.
Please apply in writing to The HR Manager, enclosing a letter of application and a completed application form, which can be found on our website or by contacting the school office on 01279 836633.
Closing date: Noon on Monday, 11th December 2017.
Interviews will take place later that week or the following week.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.