Do you love teaching Art? Can you develop Art across our school?
If yes, then Horsenden Primary School may have just the challenge for you. The Headteacher is looking to further strengthen our Art provision and curriculum across KS1 and KS2 at Horsenden. We are looking to bring our PPA team (Art, Music, French and PE) in-house with the addition of a passionate and engaging Art Tutor. This is an ideal next step for an experienced Art Tutor who enjoys making a positive contribution to the whole school. You will be someone who wants to work in a large and diverse school with the support of an experienced team.
Contract Type: Part-time (3 days Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm) - Term Time only
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Is a creative and enthusiastic practitioner who wants to have a positive impact on pupil outcomes
- Has high aspirations for all pupil’s achievement and behaviour
- Is inspired and passionate about learning and has the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Values inclusion and has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying new and innovative ways of working
- Has a clear commitment to improvement and has excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community.
- To teach Art across the school in KS1 and KS2 as part of the PPA team.
- To develop our Art curriculum ensuring that there is sufficient challenge and progression from Year 1 through to Year 6.
- To achieve high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils through the provision of a rigorous curriculum.
- Work productively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position.
- To work constructively as a member of the team to promote the wellbeing of pupils.
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school is on an exciting journey of improvement and is looking to invest in developing and growing our staff.
What we will offer:
An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff. Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring. An enthusiastic team and motivated children who are eager to make good progress in their learning.
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Filomena Carver on email@example.com to make an appointment to visit the school.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Closing Date and shortlisting: 17/05/2021 (12noon)
Interviews: 20/21 May 2021
Horsenden Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing. The school’s facilities, such as the swimming pool and the Children’s Centre, provide a range of opportunities to de...