Brisbane Catholic EducationMango Hill
Contract type: Part Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start date: January 2021
We are seeking enthusiastic Arts/Technology Teacher to join our staff and engaged specialist team.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to:
• Have appropriate teaching qualifications and experience
• An understanding and passion of the Arts and Technologies Curriculum and how to integrate them
• Be able to report confidently on student progress according to the Arts and Technologies Standards
• Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching
• Demonstrate communication skills and a willingness to partner classroom teachers to further support their engagement of students
• A willingness to embrace whole school projects where necessary
• Demonstrate an ability to work collegially in a team of four specialist teachers and contribute positively and collaboratively to a culture of shared learning
• Build constructive and open relationships that promotes a culture of trust within the community
• Attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
• Proactively engage with professional development and renewal practices to enhance professional growth and student outcomes
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Benedict's Primary School at Mango Hill has a student population of just over 720 students. We are a growing school relatively in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane (Mango Hill). St Benedict’s is committed to planning and providing a high quality, 21st century Catholic education; an education focused on the development of the human person created whole in the image and likeness of God, bringing faith, life and culture into our school life. Our dedicated and professional teachers deliver unique and authentic learning opportunities, differentiating the curriculum to cater for all learners.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 4 days/wk (24 hrs/wk) Mon - Thu
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Lynn Chapman
Contact Telephone Number: 34814600
Contact Email: email@example.com