We are looking for a dynamic and outstanding qualified Teacher to join our academy as Lead Practitioner or Aspiring Lead Practitioner of MFL. The successful candidate should be an experienced teacher who is confident to teach at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our team of committed staff who ‘share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve' (Ofsted). Exceptional professional development opportunities, whatever your level of development and ambitions, exist within the academy itself and as part of the very successful Harris Federation.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
- We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A dynamic and outstanding experienced teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- The ability to teach MFL at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- An ambitious person with high expectations for yourself and your students
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- A performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
About Harris Academy Purley
Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with currently 1050 students on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted, and moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012.
We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect, combining traditional values of discipline and good manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Purley are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8681 1141 to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.