Are you an outstanding practitioner who has a passion for teaching elite young athletes to achieve the highest academic standards alongside their sporting success?
UPR fringe (pay scale will be transitioned to the Leading Practitioner Pay Range as soon as LP accreditation is obtained).
£37,758 - £40,520
Glyn School's partnership with the Chelsea Football Club:
The Chelsea Football Club and Glyn School’s education programme is a unique partnership where we deliver outstanding education to Year 9, 10 and 11 students enrolled on the Chelsea Elite Youth Academy. The programme is based at the Chelsea training ground in Cobham, Surrey and delivers an academic GCSE programme alongside the students’ football education Monday to Friday.
We are looking to appoint a full time Aspiring Lead Practitioner in Science, based at the training ground working with students in small classes of 6 – 10, enabling them to successfully start their GCSE course in Year 9 and complete it in early Year 11. You will need to understand the needs and challenges of working with students in this environment and have a passion to integrate their learning with the unique context and industry these students will be working within.
The students in the partnership gain excellent GCSE outcomes and have been highly successful in their football careers going on to play professional football as well as represent their country.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Gain Leading Practitioner accreditation. The successful candidate will be supported in acquiring LP accreditation. Upon successful accreditation, the pay scale will be transitioned to the Leading Practitioner pay scale.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Have a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the students' learning and welfare.
We can offer you:
- Support to gain Leading Practitioner accreditation.
- The opportunity to work as a large team of Leading Practitioners.
- An opportunity to develop your teaching career through our extensive CPD programme.
- An opportunity to teach in a well-resourced and highly successful faculty.
- An environment where senior and middle leaders offer exceptional support for and emphasize staff well-being.
- A culture of coaching with regular career development meetings offered with the Headteacher.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively with leaders across the wider GLF MAT.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview as soon as applications are received. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.