Aspiring Teacher Programme
Salary Grade Range: Scale 4, Spine Point 18 - 21
Actual Salary Range: £16,748.16 - £17,813.36 pro rata with pension contributions on top
Hours of work: Part Time, 30 hours per week.
Contractual status: Permanent, Term Time Only
Required for September 2018
The Executive Headteacher and Governors at Newington Green, and Rotherfield Primary Schools would like to appoint Aspiring Teachers for September 2018.
We are looking for aspiring teachers who wish to gain professional experience through Teaching Assistant roles. We have designed a specialist professional development programme to ensure you get the professional development you need to be successful in teaching applications and your future career.
In both schools we offer the teacher apprentice programme, which you are eligible to apply for during your time as an aspiring teacher. This programme means you will become a fully qualified teacher, with QTS, with no tuition fees and get paid while you train!
Our schools are committed to supporting Teaching Assistant’s professional development. We have a strong track record of supporting our Teaching Assistant staff into future chosen career paths including Teaching, Educational Psychology, Subject Specialisms, Clinical Psychology, SEN specialists, and further study e.g. Masters and PHDs.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
1. Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
2. Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the HLTA /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
3. Under the guidance of HLTA, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
4. At the direction of Class Teachers/HLTA, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare
resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
5. Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, pupil targets and learning objectives.
6. Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
Additional hours for before and after school provision/clubs can be enquired about.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 24th June 2018
Selection date: Tuesday 3rd July 2018 at Rotherfield Primary School
Rotherfield and Newington Green Primary Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.