Assistant Cashier Manager
Cambridge, CB2 8EA
What it’s about
Reporting to our Group Cashiers and Banking Manager, we currently have a vacancy within our team for a dynamic and enthusiastic Assistant Cashier Manager with a fastidious eye for detail, great people management skills and the ability to work in an agile manner. As the Assistant Cashier Manager, you will manage a team of 5 Cashier Assistants including one Senior Cashier Controller, who will be responsible for running the day-to-day tasks. You will oversee the efficient and effective running of these tasks as well as managing and developing the team.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for:
• Oversee the efficient processing of all our bank statements, in line with our daily requirements and with the month-end timetable. Where necessary, you will be involved in the processing of the bank statements and more complicated investigative work will be passed on to you to complete.
• Line-manage 5 members of staff ensuring that all administrative tasks are completed as per Cambridge Assessment guidelines. Driving the team forward within the remit of continuous improvement, managing EPD and supporting their development to work in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Report directly to and support the Group Cashier and Banking Manager. Providing support on process improvements and implementation thereof. Assist with “Online Sales Workflow Improvements” and all related Ecommerce enhancements.
• Be responsible for completing all Cashier assigned control account reconciliations including currency and safe and producing related journals.
• Be responsible for completing reconciliation of SAP invoiced items to interface system data, (Logic Checks)
• Be responsible for production of and maintaining teams KPIs.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have experience within a finance operations department, using SAP or similar accounting database. Have effectively managed an individual or team including staff development. As well as having great attention to detail and an eye for problem solving, the ideal candidate should be able to balance a diverse workload and prioritise tasks as external factors dictate. Strong numeracy and excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are a necessity for this role. The ideal candidate will be able to work proactively towards making efficiencies and suggesting changes within an established team and should enjoy the challenge of working flexibly as business pressures change course.
GCSE grade C or above in Maths & English (or equivalent)
- Strong numeracy and excellent attention to detail and problem solving
- Excellent communication both oral and written
- Able to balance diverse workload and priorities tasks
- Ability to follow processes
- Good team player/leader
- Good organisational skills
- Effective management of teams or individuals and staff development essential
- Working within a Finance operations department
- Knowledge of SAP is an advantage but not essential
- Behaviours: Sense of responsibility/ownership
- Flexible approach to work as dictated by business needs
- Work proactively towards efficiency changes within an established team
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Subsidised staff restaurants
• Support for professional qualifications
• Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 24/02/2019 and interviews will be held on 05/03/2019.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER