As a 7-18 State Boarding School we are seeking an Assistant Credit Controller/Accounts Assistant. We are seeking a self-motivated and meticulous candidate with the ability to work to deadlines.
4 days per week (30 hours)
The Role includes:
• Full Sales Ledger management: setting up new accounts, producing sales invoices and credit notes, maintaining Sales Day Book.
• Ensuring addresses and contact details are kept up to date
• Reconciliation of Sales Ledger Accounts.
• Producing the Aged Debtors List and maintain a record of any action taken and all relevant notes
• Banking and cash allocation. Taking credit card payments.
• Management and reconciliation of school fees paid in advance
• Management and reconciliation of School Fee Plan
• Assisting with monthly bank reconciliation.
• Chasing outstanding accounts, send statements, follow up with letters and to litigation stage when required via HM Court Online Service with all office based investigation (e.g. electoral roll and land registry and internet search). Send letters prior to action been taken with County Court and enforcing judgments with warrant of execution (Bailiffs), attachment of earnings, third party debt order, charging order, bankruptcy or order to attend for court questioning. Liaise with Solicitors when required.
• Reviewing debt recovery processes.
• Minimising bad debt write-offs and prepare month end bad debt provision. • Reconciliation of Child Care Vouchers payments with bank statements.
To apply, please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Monday, 15 October 2018
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.