St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful school with two school campuses; a primary site in Woolwich and a brand new state of the art all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church – the Koinonia Federation.
St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and, at capacity, will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2020, providing 300 places for students aged 16-19.
The role of Assistant Director of Faculty for Creative & Health represents an exciting opportunity for any candidate. Our secondary phase is expanding each year, with six forms of entry in each year. As such, we are looking for an inspiring teacher with the knowledge and skills to help assist the Director of Faculty in leading a dynamic, growing faculty area with energy and enthusiasm; someone who will assist in planning schemes of work and assessments from Key Stage 3 to A Level; and teach up to A Level.
We welcome applications from any teacher with an Art or Music specialism.
The candidate will be:
- an outstanding leader, able to support and challenge other teachers to achieve their best
- an enthusiastic, innovative teacher who can inspire students
- highly organised, motivational and flexible
- an inclusive individual, with high expectations, committed to all students reaching their potential
- dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- a positive school culture which believes in distributed/collaborative leadership
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- a brand new innovative building ready for 21st century teaching
- a supportive Christian ethos across our school communities
- a MacBook for use in school and for personal use at home
Deadline for Applications: 24th February 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: September 2019
We will review applications on receipt and will contact shortlisted applicants to arrange a mutually convenient date & time for lesson observation and interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be telephoned and invited to attend an interview.