We are seeking an Assistant Director of Sixth Form - Academic to join our team at The Danes Educational Trust to work with the Director of Sixth Form and other members of the Sixth Form Leadership Team in promoting and securing the highest standards in attainment, progress, attendance, behaviour and post-18 destinations for Sixth Form students. The role will take overall responsibility for academic monitoring, assessment and intervention provision for Sixth Form students and will lead the academic enrichment and study skills programme.
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status
• A record of outstanding classroom practice
• Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders
• Excellent team working skills
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• The ability to work with and interpret data reporting systems
• Strong understanding of impact of effective study skills and intervention programmes on student outcomes
• An innovative and flexible approach
• The ability to show initiative, to multi-task and develop existing skills
• Evidence of continued professional development
We can offer:
• A positive working environment within an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school setting
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
St Clement Danes School, an Outstanding school on the Herts/Bucks border, recently awarded 'World Class' status and Croxley Danes School, a new secondary school which opened in September 2017 are part of the Danes Educational Trust.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
• The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from this website
• Applications to be sent to Mrs M. Patel (HR Administrator) by 10am on 22nd March 2019.
• Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
• Interviews will take place on 29th March 2019