Assistant Head, Junior School
Required for September 2018
Silcoates is a successful independent co-educational day school with a long and proud history. We achieve excellent academic results and offer a broad and stimulating variety of co-curricular activities. We are looking for a talented and dynamic individual to complement our existing Junior School team, in the new, challenging and rewarding role of Assistant Head.
The School is set in 50 acres of grounds in Wrenthorpe, near Wakefield, within easy reach of the M1 and M62, offering an all-through, fully co-educational day school experience for children from 3 to 18.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent, enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in teaching and learning to join our dedicated and friendly team. You will have the opportunity to make a big impact on standards of pupil attainment and achievement through your fresh ideas, motivational skills and relentless focus on improvement. Working closely with the Head of Junior School, the Assistant Head will help drive academic excellence and lead inspirational teaching methods.
The Assistant Head will also have a teaching commitment in line with Assistant Head status, primarily based with a particular year group class with additional responsibility for teaching some other subjects and activities across other year groups.
You should be an excellent classroom practitioner with a strong track record of primary school teaching, and experience of upper KS2 is a definite advantage.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
• Be an effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
• Be rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
• Be able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff including promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of pupil achievement, curriculum and assessment across the primary age range including, as a desirable quality, knowledge of computational thinking.
• Be able to demonstrate a genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Full details of the post are available on our website: https://www.silcoates.org.uk/information/vacancies/
Silcoates School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and DBS.
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2018
Interviews: w/c 5th March 2018