Salary: £15,902 per annum (FTE £18,500 - £20,000 per annum)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 40 weeks per annum
We are looking for a flexible, organised and committed individual with exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with young people whilst demonstrating a firm and calm approach to join our Student Services/Pastoral team. The ability to build effective and positive working relationships is an essential requirement. The Assistant Head of Key Stage 4 will report to the Head of Key Stage 4.
Core responsibilities will focus primarily on supporting the Head of Key Stage 4 to achieve high quality pastoral care of pupils, enabling pupils to achieve the highest standards of learning. You will be responsible for assisting the Head of Key Stage in monitoring Key Stage 4 implementing systems and procedures and supporting the pastoral needs of the students.
Previous experience of working in a school environment with KS3 or KS4 pupils is essential and applicants must demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy. The ideal candidate will have good MS office skills e.g. Excel and Word and be a competent user of a range of school specific packages including SIMS. Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection issues is essential.
In return Trinity can offer:
· A Christian school with a strong vision, values and leadership
· We strive to place staff and students at the centre of everything we do
· We will prioritise your development and help you achieve your career aspirations
· We are confident you will enjoy coming to work each day
· There is a real unity across the school and at every level
· You will be joining a school where your efforts will not go unnoticed
· We occupy a new state of the art building and office & classrooms are well resourced
· There is ample on-site staff parking
· Good travel links to London (35 mins by train), M25 (10 mins) and we are located in the heart of rural Sevenoaks
Trinity is a Christian four form entry secondary school based in Sevenoaks and we moved into our new building in September 2016 with years 7-10. At full capacity we will have 790-840 students which includes our sixth form opening in 2018.
To apply please use the Apply now or use the form on the school’s website www.trinitysevenoaks.org.uk and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The successful applicant will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure and checks regarding proof of ID, medical clearance and the right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017
We strongly encourage applicants to visit the school to see our wonderful new surroundings and experience the culture for yourself.
If you would like any further information or an informal discussion please contact Karen Partridge, School Business Manager on 01732 469111 or email email@example.com