We are looking to appoint an Assistant Head of Year to support the Head of Year for a named year group. The successful candidate will focus on pastoral care, engagement, attendance and behaviour for learning strategies for young people in a specific year group.
We are looking for candidates who:
· Can demonstrate skills in engaging, motivating and inspiring young people to learn;
· Can promote self-esteem and encourage pupils to act independently;
· Have skills in effective student facing pastoral support;
· Have an understanding of student attendance, punctuality and behaviour data to develop strategies in response to student needs;
· Can communicate effectively and build relationships
If you are someone with enthusiasm and determination to get the best out of each pupil, this Assistant Head of Year role is for you.
Candidates must be available to work on a full time basis (36.25 hours per week). Monday to Friday, 8.15 am to 4.00 pm – term time only plus 2 weeks.
For further details, including the job description, please see our school website - www.stretfordhigh.com
Applicants should send a fully completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Sue Simons, Business/HR Manager: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: 12 noon on Thursday 19 April 2018
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 25 April 2018
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, therefore references will be sought for shortlisted candidates and the appointment will be made subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.